Meatloaf is one of those dishes that just sounds so much like home to me. It is really simple to make with ingredients that are usually already in your kitchen, This recipe is a really basic recipe, like our grandmothers would have made.
- 1.5 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tps. pepper
- 3/4 cup ketchup, divided into 1/2 and 1/4 cups
- 1/2 tps. garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a bowl combine all ingredients, reserving 1/4 cup of the ketchup. Press into a loaf pan, rounding out the edges.
- Top with the remaining ketchup.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the center of the loaf reaches safe temperature. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.